Translate

Sunday, April 6, 2014

The Strength and Listening Ear of God

Psalm 31:1-2 (ESV)

1In you, LORD, I have taken refuge; let
me never be put to shame; deliver
me in your righteousness.
2 Turn your ear to me, come quickly to my rescue; be my rock of refuge, a strong fortress to save me.

*Sometimes we just have to take a moment for ourselves, and rest in God. People may try to listen to you and what u are going through, but they aren't going to care the way God will. Humans fall short, they become tired, and want to take a step back. However, God is always there even when it feels like He isn't...That's what I personally keep reminding myself. At the end of the day, even when I feel alone and like no one gets it, I have to remember that God does. Yet, I have to hold in my complaints and the need to vent to humans. Other people are often incapable of causing change to take place for you. Instead, I am capable of venting to God who always has a listening ear. He will initiate change, and utilize the RIGHT vessels to cause life changing events to occur.

We also have to take into account that God will not allow our suffering to be in vain or for us to be ashamed for His namesake. Despite feeling embarrassed or downright helpless, we have to shake it off and remember that we have no reason of being ashamed for the sake of being righteous. We will also always come out on top no matter how low we may feel as though we have sunk. Verse two is asking God to turn His ear to us, and to be the strength that we may sometimes feel that we lack. Let's all continue to pray for our strength in the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment