Translate

Monday, April 28, 2014

Get Off the Emotional Roller Coaster

Psalm 30:5 (NIV)
5 For his anger lasts only a moment, but his favor lasts a lifetime; weeping may remain for a night, but rejoicing comes in the morning.

*Emotions were designed by God with the idea of helping you further experience life. There are several emotions that we may experience in our lifetime, and know that these emotional experiences are fine as long as we remain in control over them. We should never let our emotions get the best of us, and outweigh what God tells us vs what we believe we should do based on feelings. However, it is very important to embrace your authentic feelings, because habitual feelings that are formed are feelings that can lead to entrapment within a cycle...Thus, not allowing you to fully express how you feel to God in order to receive help. While reading "The 40 Day Soul Fast" book today, I realized that I have a right to weep and be upset...I have a right to be disgusted with experiencing things that are not part of the promises of God, but I also remain under control during my night of weeping because I am still intently waiting to be led by Him, and not using my emotional state to react based upon my own understanding. I also hold fast to God, even though I slip in and out of a strong grip, because I know the victory is won and I see small elements of sustainability that tell me not to give up. This is the true nature of control...to hold on to what you believe in vs what you have seen and come to know. To stop the flesh's desire to react indicates the Godly power within, and the smallest segment of faith that still exists in our fight towards freedom to sense what God wants us to feel. I battle chucking up the deuces daily and the desire to run into the night of weeping bc my love for God holds steadfast to joy coming in the morning. Are you letting your emotions win the battle, or have you gained control in the war on feelings and failure?

No comments:

Post a Comment