Translate

Saturday, November 30, 2013

Temptation vs God's Will

James 1:13-14

Let no one say when he is tempted, “I am being tempted by God,” for God cannot be tempted with evil, and he himself tempts no one. But each person is tempted when he is lured and enticed by his own desire.

*Temptation is in the mind of the beholder...God is never tempting u, and no one can "try u" or "test your inner gangster" unless u allow them to. Whenever u feel tempted, it is often your inner most desires that are coming out and trying to push u to find a quicker way to satisfy that need or want. Consider it a test of your will power, which is often one of the hardest test to pass. However, greater is He that lives on the inside of u then the adversity that wants to manifest within. We just have to ask ourselves if the temptation that we feel, long for, or crave lines up with the will of God for your life or with His word. In being transparent, I have longed to leave GA and explore a new state...the devil tempts with financial means to get me out of my current state, and pokes at that longing for financial overflow and stability. However, I have to ask myself if that opportunity is really a gain or a guarantee that will get me out of His will. I know it can become hard sometimes and u long for fulfilment and gain, but are u really going to gain if u lose everything in the end from being outside of His will? 

No comments:

Post a Comment