Translate

Friday, December 20, 2013

The End Result

Ecclesiastes 7:8

8 Better is the end of a thing than its
beginning, and the patient in spirit is better than the proud in spirit.

*The end result is always the true nature or dictation of why a situation occurred, or why a person was in your life. In the beginning, we can make the mistake of embracing false hope or a person's representative...We often jump the gun, and assume the conclusion before we have actually investigated, edured, or uncovered the true nature of the situation. Sometimes you have to wait things out and be patient enough to allow the Spirit to reveal the true nature of a person or element. This keeps you from making an assumption, maneuvering things into something it was never meant to be, or allowing the pride of your intelligence to dictate a false sense of hope.

Today, I uncovered that the very element of hope and love I longed for was no more then a false sense of security that reared its selfish head. My hope of helping someone turned into a mechanism that turned on me to drain and use me. I may have learned the hard way that you should never mix unequally yoked connections, but I will hold on to my mustard seed of faith (Matt. 17:20) that I will receive the promises of true love, friendships, and connections as God wants us to have (1 Cor. 13). I will also remember to wait patiently on an answer from God regarding a connection, look out for myself as well as others, and not see things as they are...but as what they can become.

No comments:

Post a Comment