Translate

Monday, November 7, 2016

Tongue Talk

The tongue has the power of life and death, and those who love it will eat its fruit.

Proverbs 18:21 NIV

One of the things I continue to work on is my thoughts becoming my words. For the most part, I have mastered holding my tongue except when it comes to race relations and sensitive, personal areas. I absolutely cannot stand when another race tries to make a group outside of their's feel inferior. This is based off my own healing process that I work through due to my experience, but I can become very disgusted quickly. In my transparency with you,  I want you to think of ways your thoughts have manifested into words. Now,  let's work together on how to focus on turning those things into positives, or how we can refrain from blurting things out. Sometimes telling people how you feel in the heat of the moment does more harm than good. Even if you mean well,  ask yourself is it necessary or is it what God wants you to say?

No comments:

Post a Comment