Translate

Thursday, September 1, 2016

People of God

Make every effort to live in peace with everyone and to be holy; without holiness no one will see the Lord.

Hebrews 12:14 NIV

Prayer : "Father God, Your love through Your Son Jesus makes us whole, complete, and lacking in nothing. Yet, when confronted with Your people, at times fear, hesitation, and distrust sets in. Help me to bear long and to bear hard with my sisters & brothers in Christ, so that we all may remain rooted and grounded in Your love. Teach me, Lord, to peel back and discard every disagreement, every conflict, every difference I have with believers until the only thing that connects us is Your love. Help me to see fellowship with believers from Your perspective …as a bond that will enhance and bring more of Jesus’ love into my life. Help me to remember that Your love is stronger to unite than anything that threatens to divide. In Jesus’ name. Amen." #HolyBibleDevotional

*This hit home for me today because I have issues with desiring to deal with people, especially those that hurt you and have no respect or regard for your feelings or thought process. It becomes tiring to try to reach God's people when you are met with selfishness, but yet we can't love Him and not love His people. I often think that hurts and pointing out the differences between people,  or being in a click is designed to further separate His people. None of this can stop your purpose,  if you don't let it... Especially if you pursue unity and soul winning.  May our temporary feelings not get in the way of our assignments and blessings, and may positive experiences with people help reap a harvest of consistent love through us verses dwelled upon hurts.

No comments:

Post a Comment