Translate

Friday, September 23, 2016

True Love

Therefore, as God’s chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience.

Colossians 3:12 NIV

One of the hardest things to do is to wear this outfit for people who do not appreciate, understand, or think in this manner... Or, even those who try to use this against you. Love is a hard garment to put on for people who don't care, or for one to wear it consistently in order to share this garment with the inconsistent. Everyday, I ask God to soften my heart because in the flesh there is a desire to protect it. I have yet to encounter consistent love from anyone...particularly outside of a parent,  but yet God has placed this in my heart... Yet,  I battle daily to fully let it out. I pray we all grow to use these tools consistently, and despite how we are treated or viewed. I know there is something deeper that God desires to show us because it is rare that people get to this level, but those who do are rewarded and most importantly go deeper in their calling.

No comments:

Post a Comment