Translate

Saturday, August 27, 2016

Your Life is a Message

Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one gets the prize? Run in such a way as to get the prize. Everyone who competes in the games goes into strict training. They do it to get a crown that will not last, but we do it to get a crown that will last forever. Therefore I do not run like someone running aimlessly; I do not fight like a boxer beating the air. No, I strike a blow to my body and make it my slave so that after I have preached to others, I myself will not be disqualified for the prize.

1 Corinthians 9:24‭-‬27 NIV

Food for Thought:

"Every one of us has a propensity toward certain sins. It is important, though, that we rein in our flesh and that we are temperate in all things because our lifestyle affects our message."

Whatever we do in life effects our witnessing... It's important to still be real, but don't be worldly and allow what you witness to not impact your own lifestyle. People need to see God in you to draw closer to Him. What separates you from the world if you are of it? Do you talk the talk, but have issues walking the walk? What are you doing to keep your heart and mind in submission?

No comments:

Post a Comment