Translate

Friday, December 15, 2017

Forgiving & Forgetting is a Beast

Forbearing one another, and forgiving one another, if any man have a quarrel against any: even as Christ forgave you, so also do ye. Colossians 3:13 KJV

*For me, the forgiving portion is not super hard because I have to forgive in order to move on. Now, I am not saying it always comes immediately, but I work on not holding a grudge so I can free my mind and not effect my health. The issue is with forgetting like God. It takes a while to forget...I remember the sneaky snake-like behavior and the unnecessary words, which at the least make me look at the person in a different light and distance myself. The whole "fool me once, shame on you, but fool my twice shame on me" thought process comes into play. However, imagine God's love...We show out and say and do things we shouldn't all the time, yet He never changes and loves us through it. It makes me not want to do anything to hurt Him because of that unconditional love. All we can do is grow to be more like Him...

No comments:

Post a Comment