Translate

Saturday, October 22, 2016

Being Budget Conscientious

Be sure you know the condition of your flocks, give careful attention to your herds;

Proverbs 27:23 NIV

*Every pay check, I take the time to ask myself about my savings, review my payoff goals,  and budget for a treat if I can afford it.  All this comes after paying my tithes and my bills. I know sometimes we desire to do things, and your eye is set on specifics, but being aware and real about your situation is far more important  than any moment  of shopping pleasure. Plus,  if you do the right thing by God, He will always give you what you desire at the right time. Even when you have overflow, if you embrace the wisdom of a budget,  you still do not allow yourself to be ripped off by over-priced things. Take the time to really review your financial situation. Now,  ask yourself what do you consistently see... Does God come first?  Do you give as He leads you in order to enhance your harvest?  Are you too lax in your giving without keeping account into your responsibilities, and whether it's your own doing or God's?  Do you limit yourself based on your budget instead of faith?  Are you selfish? Does business come before pleasure? Keep track of where you are today with a budget and plan more in order to be more financially free tomorrow, and build upon you and your family's future.

No comments:

Post a Comment