Translate

Friday, March 4, 2016

Good Works and Prayer

Hebrews 10:24 ESV

And let us consider how to stir up one another to love and good works...

*Being there for people is a topic I'm sensitive about because I have experienced being alone in the natural, and it would only be God that I could talk to, despite my efforts to correctly be there for people...I've also experienced the joy of having God's people by my side to uplift me when I am weak. Many times when a person is going through, some people only present the offer of prayer. Now, there is nothing wrong with that offer if that's all you are led to do. However, if God nudges on you or pulls on your heart strings, and you are capable of doing more, do not solely offer prayer  as a simple "Christian" gesture that will allow you to keep your distance at the same time. Love can be shown in many ways, and you may be the very person called to aid in the situation. Always be led in how you handle people because you never know how much you are needed, whether you are causing more damage, or whether or not you helping with God's fullest capability. We can't save everyone, but let's learn to be more sensitive towards the potential of possible assignments.

No comments:

Post a Comment